Thursday, March 5, 2009

We Are All Children...Even Though Most Of Us Have Forgotten!

I Love My Kids! I sometimes question my actions as a mother. Doesn't every parent? I've always been a "tell it like it is" type person. I've made no exceptions with that trait when it comes to mothering.
I know my children are wise... I know my children are loving... I know my children have morals... I know my children are beautiful and unique. My prayer is to continue to inspire them and remind them that in this life- They were were not made to "fit in", they were "Born to Stand Out!"


A child learns, by wiggling skills through their fingers and their toes, into themselves. By soaking up habits and attitudes of those around them, by pushing and pulling their own world. A child learns more through trial than error, more through pleasure than pain, more through experience than suggestion and telling, and more through suggestion than direction. A child learns through affection, through love, through patience, through understanding, through belonging, through doing and through being. Day by day the child comes to know a little bit of what you know, a little bit more of what you think they understand. That which you dream and believe are in truth what is becoming that child. As you perceive dully or clearly, as you think fuzzily or sharply, as you believe foolishly or wisely, as you dream drably or goldenly, as you bear false witness or tell the truth, thus a child learns.
We need to tell our children they have a choice to become either lovers or losers. For to miss love is to miss life.
Thornton Wilder says, "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead, and the bridge is love. The only survival and the only meaning."
***
God is love

No comments:

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!