Thursday, July 17, 2008

Everything Happpens For A Reason!


So last Sunday Paul was supposed to be in the Morton Plant Mease Tri.- we drove up to Clearwater Beach on Saturday to pick up packet, drove some of the course, checked out parking - the typical pre-race stuff. While driving home I'll have to admit I was not in the mood to go watch a tri on Sunday- it took us 2 hours to drive to registration and I was not looking forward to getting up at 3 a.m. It's been rainy and gray here- just not my idea of good race weather.(Participant or not) So I made a good pre-race meal for him- he got all his stuff around- we watched a little T.V. and went to bed early... I set the alarm...for 3:00 a.m. At 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning we woke up abruptly to a rain storm- no alarm- our power had went out or something. We talked about what to do- we could drive like maniacs and probably make it- I told him I didn't want to make the decision. (Cuz rememeber, I wasn't in the mood) After a quick thought he said I guess it's not worth it- (It was pouring rain here in Sarasota) So we went back to bed, tossed and turned for about an hour- I knew he was feeling like...he quit or something. So we went to chuch and had a typical day.

Today though- I open an email to find the race had been cancelled! Yes Cancelled due to weather and safety issues!

My guilt is gone! All week I have been feeling like I made this happen for selfish reasons and let Paul down in a way. But...I didn't! It was God's plan all along!
So I rescheduled him for a race in August in exchange for this cancellation- and best of all- it's on a Saturday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I love how God works things out..Maybe we can go watch with you in August...That would be fun. Love you, Ericka

BreeWee said...

Oh too cool how funny and miraculous God is... seriously, trusting is a beautiful thing, you gut instinct was right all along!
Love you guys, glad everyone is happy and well!!

Anonymous said...

God is awesome! Pray you all have a great weekend!

Kristie said...

Awww that is awesome!! I hate the feeling of guilt, God is so cool like that! I hope Paul's race goes well!!!

S said...

it's totally true, everything happens for a reason. Its always nice for a reminder though.

Brooke Myers said...

Maybe it was for the better that Unlce Paul didn't race this race and the next one to come will be even better...
We have some friends that are flying down to do Miami Man this year..Is Paul doing that one again?

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!