Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Mini" Florida Keys Trip

Paul 5 miles offshore- BEAUTIFUL WATER!
More Beautiful Water- approaching Loo Key Reef

So we took a little trip to the Key's! It was awesome. We rented a boat and spent (2) days snorkeling at many different reefs. Our favorite was Loo Key Reef- 5 miles off shore from where we were camping. It was unbelievable. It felt like we were in an aquarium. We saw millions of tropical fish- Reef sharks, Ray's, Barracuda, Crabs, Jelly Fish, Lobsters, A school of squid, Tarpon, it was magical. Our backs and butts got burned- we had a blast! The water color was amazing... The things we saw were surreal- we had a lot of fun!


Our campspot- right by the boat launch! Noisy!!! An endangered "Key Deer"
This is a mama, daddy and their baby dolphin- saw this a lot too.
Aubrey & Hayden- 1st day on boat
Paul & I- just got boat and heading out.




Saw a bunch of these
Saw a family of Ray's like this
Parrot Fish- we saw millions of these
Loo Key Reef- aerial shot



Hayden's "raisin feet" after 8 hours of wearing his fin booties.
Aubrey
Hayden on boat
Paul on boat





Last stop- Kids and I outside "Wide World of Sports"






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. The water almost doesnt look real. Making memories is what its all about! Thank you for the hair email,,you are too funny. I love having long hair, it makes me feel sexy. HAHA!! Love you Heather

Anonymous said...

Great Family, Great get-away vacation and spending time with each other...what a blessing you are to each other and to us, we love you sooooo much, Ericka and Rodger

Mel said...

WOW...great photo's look like they came right off a post card...glad the family had a good time:)

Dolphin Boy said...

Wow-great images! I've always wanted to visit Keys and Key West but have never made it.

When i do I will ask you guys for tips on things to see and do!

S said...

How fun!! I've gotta admit, I'm a little jealous.

BreeWee said...

Okay, now that trip makes me want to head to Florida! Oh Florida has some cool spots! Miss you guys, everyone looks GREAT!

Fish has Legs said...

Im going...im going...im going...hopefully soon.

Todd Crandell said...

Cricket,
I saw your comment on Mels blog and I just wanted to say you can get my book From Addict to Ironman at any Border's or Barnes and Noble book stores.
I love the photo of the dear as they are awesome animals.
take care

Anonymous said...

Glad you all went to Louisville to support Bree...it was a tremendous blessing to her!!!

hope to meet you around the state someday...


--Travis

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!