Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kentucky Ironman Trip

Bree coming off the bridge in Louisville
Tyler & Hayden- Sperm wanna be's
The Winner! / Super man/ Holy *!%$ he's fast!

Ericka and Hayden goofing off while we hung up signs for Bree! Me making a poster for Bree!
Ericka- Bree's Mom keeping the family updated across the U.S.
Aubrey, Hayden & Tyler during the swim!
Waiting for Bree


Wooh- I'm still recoverying from our great weekend in Kentucky. We left friday at 5 a.m. and drove straight to Louisville- 15 hours... we spent the weekend doing the whole Ironman spectator thing. Watched our amazing little Bree do her thing!- We Laughed, Cried, Cheered, Ran, Walked, Drove, Talked, Listened, Admired, Prayed and Prayed some more, Ate, Drank, Sat, Stood- for hours, Hugged, and waited... it was the longest most thrilling roller coaster I have ever rode! Ironmen/ Woman are truly amazing people- they are definitely programed different than me. I admire them all- from the one who comes in first to the last to cross the line- they are all winners.









We met so many nice people from all over- and I can't say enough nice things about the locals there. Truly down-to-earth nice people!






It's hard to imagine that the entire 15 hour drive from Sarasota Florida to Louisville Kentucky is the same amount of time it takes for some people to complete the Ironman. What do you people think about? I can barely hold my self together in the car sitting on my butt- I am in awe over the dedication.






Then there is Bree- my niece! I've known her all her life and she never stops surprising me with her dedication. Who knew that that little cute bundle born on a cold December day- my sister's child would grow to become an Ironman-woman! and a FAST one at that! God sprinkled her with something extra... I know we all have gifts and one is not better than another- but Bree's is amazing to me and I am in awe. So proud of the woman she has become and so proud to call her family. Thanks Bree for doing Ironman Kentucky- I loved seeing you and seeing a new place- we ALL had a blast!






To all my family that was not there- there will be more- and to all my family and friends who made the trip a blast- Thankyou









5 comments:

Eileen Swanson said...

Hi,
So sorry I never got to meet you in person, but Bree said you were there cheering for all of us! Oh and you got to meet my husband Reid! Thanks so much for being there for Bree and all of us. You guys are awesome!!
XO,
E

Anonymous said...

Hi Cricket! It was so nice to meet you along with Team Wee at the race. My husband Aaron and I saw you guys when Bree was coming across the bridge (right before that first picture)! You guys were great. I will be sure to get my blog up and running soon! Enjoy Florida!! Courtney

Anonymous said...

Cricket! Awesome time we all had and such wonderful memories! God does such great things and his timing is always perfect. Bree is amazing and this is just the beginning of a career that will shine and let her live her passions and dreams. We all had a blast and laughed so much, emotions that carried many miles! Love you so much, Your older sister, Ericka

Mel said...

Hi Cricket...it was so nice to meet you and your beautiful family....There is no denying you guys being related to Bree and Brooke...as you all look a like:)
About Todd's book it is "From Addict to Ironman" He usually sells from his website..but he is sold out at the moment...BUT Borders or Barnes and Noble or Amazon online sells it too.....Bree has one!!!
Hugs,,,,

Anonymous said...

You all were a HUGE blessing to Bree in Kentucky!!!

I am so desiring those cool florida fall breezes as well. Soon enough.

--Travis

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!