Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Can Breath Again...



So life hasn't been much fun lately...looking back for about the last year our business has been the slowest it's ever been. The "News" is no longer news just a reminder of how messed up our economy & world is. Locally here in Sarasota all people talk about is job losses, no jobs, foreclosures, up-side down mortgages, New construction at a stand still, Teachers being let go do to children moving out of state- (parents have lost job or can't find one) , you name it...and on top of it all- It has been HOT! The kind of hot - well let me give you an example... I was at Universal Studios a couple of weeks ago and the B.O. was so bad it became the normal aroma for the air I had to breath. The garbage in the dumpsters has baked like a cake and it's all you can smell- everywhere. It has seemed like Hell here due to the heat and humidity. ( Which reminds me- please pray for the people hit by Hurricane Ike-I can only imagine what they are going through) I really felt like I was experiencing a little taste of the Devils "down-under" ! Scary!
I know in these sort of situations one must surround themselves and fill there mind with positive, purposeful words and thoughts. Boy have I been reading every book I could find from the Christian Book store... Listening whole heartedly to every word my pastor preaches, praying, you name it...I was still feeling depressed. I've been suffocating. I'm not a person that has ever had this problem, but life lately had been joyless! I needed a sign...please God give me a sign that things are going to look up... I got it today! I woke up to 68 degree weather. (If there is any humidity I can't tell... ) Today is beautiful, clear blue sky, and in the 70's now- Thank You God- I needed this...
I Can Breath! There is Hope...There is always Hope!

4 comments:

Fish has Legs said...

It seems like the whole body of Christ is in a major emotional upheavel especially depression and discouragement.

I believe God wants to show us through all this "JUNK" we are going through is that our HOPE is in Him and not of this world...that we should place our full trust in Him and things that seen are only temporary but the things unseen are eternal.

Good that you are consuming the spoken word of God, worship, C.books...I need to do that more too.

BreeWee said...

Oh Cricket I hear ya BIG time... whatever little thing Satan can use to get a foothold in your life he will...

Just remember the things we focus on GROW... so even when the $h!t hits the fan and it looks so ugly with the economy and stuff focus less on that and more on God...

I love you guys and miss you so much! In my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

I love you Little Sis!!! See you at Church on Sunday! Always in our hearts and prayers... Ericka

Brooke Myers said...

Aloha there Aunt Cricket,

I have been off this thing for a while, but seemed like a good time to check in... You are not alone in your feelings thats for sure.
Life is taking a toll on a lot of us and begining to make me think a lot about all areas of life.
I never understood what people meant by this economy thing and now I do...We are feeling the effects of it out here as well.
I pray something will turn around sooner than later and that you owning your own business will only begin to see it pick up and turn around.
You all are always in my thoughts and prayers.. I sure miss and love all of you....

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!