Thursday, December 4, 2008

Accept Differences: Day 24 of 30 days of Positive!

I love my dogs just as they are- just like they love me just as I am! Pets are awesome...they don't try to change us, they love us when we're sad, when we're happy, when we're right and when we are wrong. They love us when we stink, or say the wrong thing, if we're too fat or too skinny. They like all our hairstyles, and any outfit that we are wearing. Pet's love our hearts. I too want to be more like my pets.
"Charlie" are big bundle of love.
Accept differences.
We are all unique, in our outlook, perceptions, attitudes, feelings, experiences, and history. There is no one just like us in the world. There never has been an exact duplicate of us, nor will there ever be one.

Differences make life interesting, and yes, challenging. Dealing with other people who see life differently makes for interesting relationships. Differences give life its opportunities for growth, insight, and awareness. The unfortunate thing is that these differences can often lead to unmanaged or unresolved conflict, stress, and disappointment.

People who live happy lives accept the uniqueness of individuals. They are not on a mission to change them, correct them or invalidate them. Happy people understand that everyone is on their own path throughout life doing what they need to do in order for them to fulfill their destiny.

Happy people also accept themselves for who they are, and who they are becoming. They are not in a rush to get to the end of the game. They are patient with themselves and others knowing that differences in human behavior is, just the way it is.

Who are you trying to change? Who in your life needs behavior or attitude modification? If you have a long list you have a lot of work to do on yourself before you will find true happiness.





Phoebe posing for the camera...she is a super model!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love the photos. I have been enjoying your blogs soo much. Phoebes photo looks like you photoshopped her head and leg! HAHAHAHAHA. XO heather

Anonymous said...

I love Charlie looking straight at you, he is so handsome, and Phoebe thinks she's all that and more, I love it! Ericka

Mel said...

Hi Cricket....I love these positive posts you are doing and a lot hit close to home for me...so thank you..awesome:) xoxo

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!