Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Transformed: Day 30 of 30 Days of Positive!

Romans 12:2

...be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind...


Cricket's translation: change your thought pattern- what goes into your mind comes out in your life.

Wow, it's done! 30 days of positive, I did it. It has been a beautiful, rewarding experience. The last 30 days have been awesome. My mind and heart have been exactly where God has intended them to be. Everyday I prayed and meditated on each positve post that I made to make sure it was the right one. I've wrote some that I've never submitted because they just didn't settle in my soul. I truly have been on a positive journey these last 30 days and feel I am in a better place in my life because of it. I felt accountable to all that follow this blog- I felt it a necessity to make sure I was in tune with what God wanted me to post for me & for you.

I started this idea while I was re-reading "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale. I read it last year and decided to read it again and decided to follow some of his thought patterns. The funny thing is he wrote the book in 1952 and he advised making a list of positives on paper for 30 days. I guess I updated it to the 2008 version by making it the focus on my blog. I felt if I had others to hold me accountable I would be less likely to fail. It worked, but I found instead of writing the positives as a daily chore they became more of a daily birth of my heart and mind. My heart and my mind have been forever changed. I find if a negative thought even creeps into my mind now I can feel it. I feel it like I feel a bug crawling on my leg or a cramp in my stomach. I feel ugly and useless and immediately throw that thought to the curb.

I want to thank each of you that have followed and responded via email, phone calls , with a comment in person or by commenting on the blog itself. You all have inspired me to be better and to think better- Thanks... Who knows maybe my New Years Resolution will be 365 Days of Positive??? It has been suggested by my sister and I feel she may be right.

I Love You All- Have A Great Day- Your Mind is New... & Your Heart Changed!

3 comments:

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

I know you were on this 30-day pilgrimage and I did not have time to look into it, although I can sense you gained a great deal from it. I had read some of NVP's work a long time ago. It is great to do all this based on passages of Scripture. I am sure you will continue to be a great blessing to Bree and the other people you see.

Anonymous said...

I truly feel 365 days of Positive is Awesome for you and for others!
You can do this....Continue to touch lives and make a difference, God is smiling... 2009 is just waiting for you!!!!! I love you, Ericka(Awesome job in the Singing Christmas Tree, what a great time of year)

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I have posted on my blog an article entitled "My Favorite Blogging Friend of the Year" that you might be interested to read if you have time. I am currently "laid low" with a cold (missed two swims so far). Maybe it is time to work on positive thinking. Fortunately, my job only requires me to sit, read and think at home, so I am still able to function, although a little more slowly, and with more rest in between. This is the first time I have been like this this year, although I know from the blogs that several people fared a lot worse than me at some time during the year. Blessings.

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!