Monday, January 5, 2009

Making Memories!

Niagara Falls- Brrr. December 31, 2008
Skiiing at "Holiday Valley"

Surprise! Santa bropught us a trip to N.Y./ Canada- skiiing and sight seeing at Niagara Falls! It worked out perfect Christmas morning. I had each event wrapped individually in different size boxes. Aubrey and Hayden were very surprised! We left/ flew out on Sunday the 29th and returned on the 1st! We had a blast...the trip was perfect. Everything fell into place better than we could have anticipated. It was warmer on the days we went skiing, it snowed 7 or 8 inches while we were in Canada. We were blessed with an awesome stay (at the bottom of the chair lift) at the ski resort for one night, we had a great view of the falls from our hotel in Niagara. The weather was sunny most of the time... We got our "cold" fix and then returned to sunny warm Florida. It was just what we needed.


My children are great skiers, surprised the heck out of Paul & I...even after 7 years of not skiiing. We skiied so much we could barely walk, it was hilarious- We skiied "Holiday Valley" in Ellicotville, N.Y. It was better than I had remembered. Had been 25 years since I had been there-


On the trip Aubrey realized she's a "southern girl" and has barried her thoughts of going to a northern college... She was freezing the entire trip! Hayden on-the -other -hand wants to move to the north when he goes to college.


If anyone is car shopping: We rented a Toyota Rave 4 and to our surprise found it to be very comfortable and great on gas. We drove a total of 650 miles and never had to add gas until we returned it, and then it only cost $25.00 to fill it up! I'm tellin ya everyting was surreal and fell into place perfectly. We were blessed...


Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, Can't wait to see more! We missed you while you were gone, your not just family your our friends! Love you, Ericka and Rodger

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh I am finally reading this... glad to hear your trip was awesome! Absolutely love the family fotos, you guys make me smile and appreciate the love our family has!

Miss you 4 to pieces, wish you were still in Canada, I could use some family! I am so cold! And GOOD on ya Aubs for staying in a warm school, you will never regret it!! ha ha ha ha ha....

love you guys, see ya in April!
Bree & Kainoa!

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!