Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We're Legal...21years and still drunk on love...




So yesterday was Paul's and my 21st wedding anniversary... Time is going by so fast! We kind of celebrated all weekend- a dinner out and movie Friday night, Dinner and dancing with friends on Saturday night and a family get together at mom's last night. Just a "do what ya feel like weekend/ day of celebration."


Paul and I have known each other since we were 16 & 17 and it's crazy to reminisce of all our time together. We were cracking up yesterday recalling some of the stupid, immature, innocent crazy and young love things we have done over the years. How he used to think "this" was cool and I thought "that" was cool... it made me think and cherish my one constant... Our love for each other. How blessed I am to have that. I cannot even imagine my life or myself without him. Not to sound corny or steal a line from a movie but he truly does complete me. It's strange because we both have changed in a lot of ways over the years yet the love stays the same. Constant...Sure we have our fights, we bug each other, he does things that annoy me, but the constant love never stops. It over powers the less important or irritating things.


I thank Paul for that, his always loving me. I can honestly say that not one day has gone by that I haven't known he loves me. That's a great thing- he is a good man- he is loyal and faithful and fun. (Sexy too- but Aubrey's going to kill me for writing that... she'll understand someday that is important also.)


So as I sit here looking over the buffet table of my life- I am thankful. I did pick the best main course. Maybe by desserts, appetizers, table settings or drink choices haven't always been the best, but the core of my life and the person I chose to share it with are awesome!


Click below to hear my song to Paul...My Best Friend!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cricket and Paul! So blessed you both married so many years ago! We can't imagine life without Paul..What a great brother-in-law and we love his family, they are our family too...Your a Awesome Couple...Love Ericka and Rodger

Fish has Legs said...

Happy Anniversary!

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

Congratulations on 21 years. We have had 23 but I am sure your time has been better quality!
I agree with what you wrote about choices. Hindsight is always something we wish we had earlier. And often I wish I had made different choices earlier in life if only I had known. However, while I may not have made the right choices, I guess I did not make disastrous ones, and so life goes on. While of course I don't know your situation, things that I think will help you are (1) study the Bible more if you have the time, and (2) try to be more frugal and save more, as the economic times are not ideal, and like the ants we should save a little for the winter.

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh, I am going to cry, this is incredible. Totally happy for you both... love you both so much and you were a match made in heaven for sure! Amazing... ahhh...

have a fun week :)
Miss you guys.

wackywarrior said...

I got my Blog up and running-
Love yOu Guys!

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!