Monday, June 23, 2008

My Baby Boy is Growing Up!

Hayden at 10 mos. "My Little Handsome Man"

Mowing the Lawn!
Workin w/ Dad-



As Tall As Grandma Now!


Where has the time gone?
Hayden has really grown up this year. He finished 6th grade and changed into a young man. He has been working with Paul on Tuesday's and Wednesday's and doing an awesome job. We thought he was just looking to escape "summer" boredom when he asked to work with Dad, but he has proved us wrong. He is a hard worker! Gets right in there wanting to learn and do everything. He's babysat for the neighbors (2) kids, and the parents couldn't thank us enough for there new ,fun and reliable babysitter.
Hayden left for his Middle School Mission Trip yesterday- they are in Orlando; painting a house, sorting out bedding for the homeless, and making peanut butter and jelly's for a soup kitchen.
Hayden has so many gifts from God! He is a very loving person, hard working, humorous, intelligent, outgoing, strong & musical- (he now plays piano, saxophone, flute, drums, basoon, and trombone) Piano is his favorite.
He's been going to the gym and working out with us- he wants a "six pack" - he and I laugh so much at the gym- at our faces as we lift the weights. I finally beat him in a swimming race. (25 freestyle!)
He is taking Acting Classes this summer too- so we'll see where that takes him! He loves being infront of the camera...
If you would have asked me what my son would be like 13 years ago I would not have described anyone like Hayden- he is like no one else and we have been truly blessed with someone with talents and skills that neither Paul or I have!
He is an Original!


I Love My Hayden-


5 comments:

Dolphin Boy said...

What a nice post. It only seems like yesterday I was in the 6th grade and looking forward to summer break and making money mowing neighborhood yards! Ohhh the good ole days! where have they gone?

I'm growing older but not up!!

Dolphin boy!

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I was only just writing about what I did between the ages of 11 and 13. You guys must have a great family life. It seems that everything I enjoyed doing was somewhere other than at home. I guess our upbringings and cultural backgrounds vary. Your son is about grandma's height now. However, in a few years, you will be looking up to him. Our two sons (18 and 20) are still with us. We have good relationships, and so far they have stayed out of trouble.

Brooke Myers said...

Oh I miss the little guy (the first picture is how I always remember Hayden).. He has always been such a sweet and loving kid...
It has been fun watching him grow up and become his own person (different from any of us - with such amazing talents)..

YOu and Uncle Paul have been such amazing rolemodels to all of us girls and I see great examples shining through Aubs and Hayden because of you.

BreeWee said...

I love the new blog look! So glad you started one so we can check in on you guys!

Oh man! Hayden is huge and wonderful and I remember the one time you guys let me babysit him... poo everywhere!

I love you Hayden...

Fish has Legs said...

Cricket,

Are you swimming with masters? If you are, do you want to come over to st. pete and do the swim meet in on July 12 or 13th?

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!