Monday, June 2, 2008

Beach Baptism " The Whole Family"






One of the best statements about Christianity I've ever heard was made by a female evangelist I greatly respect: " Christianity is not a religion like most people think. Christianity is a life of imitating Jesus." Thelma Wells





Sunday June 1st, 2008 was an awesome day! The Richau family of four was baptised at Lido Beach by Pastor Bill Hild and Pastor Mark Gibbens. The day was awesome from the start- Pastor delivered an awesome message at church Sunday morning which only confirmed more my wanting to be baptised.

Normally in Sarasota we don't get big waves unless the weather is stormy. Not today though- big, fun waves were there at our baptism. ( Felt like the east coast or Hawaii) God wanted to make sure it was done right so we were "dunked" over and over again! A joyous, loving occasion- with a lot of laughs! (The way we like it)

I have lived most of my adult life as a Christian and had yet to be baptised- for silly reasons. I put it off mostly for fear. Fear of being "in front of Godly people and them thinking I was not good enough" Fear of ... I really don't know? All those fears were so silly- I know the devil had planted them in my mind so as to keep me from moving forward. Now that it is done it feels so complete. All the reasons I had for putting it off have left my mind. (Washed away I suppose)

I am so glad I was able to be baptised with my husband, daughter and son- the greatest gift!

After the baptism we stayed and played in the waves, it was so much fun. We watched the sun set and I have to say it was the prettiest I'd ever seen. (Just upset I had locked the camera in the car so I couldn't capture it.)

Thank You Jesus for a Beautiful Day!

5 comments:

Fish has Legs said...

Thats awesome to see your whole family getting baptized. Beach baptism are the best. I think Igot baptized in '92 soon as I accepted the Lord. It was at the beach too. Didnt know what I was doing but once is quite enough for me. We didnt have robes like you did though...just normal beach clothes. Have a good day!

Dolphin Boy said...

Wow....what a great post and images of the family. What a special day to remember.

Brooke Myers said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate as a family...Each of you are so incredible in your own ways and yet more so as a family together..

Sorry I couldn't have been there with each of you.

BreeWee said...

THAT IS SO COOL! I didn't know you guys were doing that! WAY to go... that saying about imitating Jesus is amazing too- one worth remembering for sure! LOVE IT!
ha ha ha, congrats on getting some waves too, I think that's a blessing and Gods way of smiling on you guys for walking with Him!

Maybe one day Jim will do that... we can pray right?!

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Again, sorry to go through your site - I wanted to get an update on Dr. Simpson from the Pastor's link. It is very encouraging to read of the baptisms and the ministry you and your family have to my friends from Hawaii. I was baptized in 1973 as a first-year university student. The small church was packed and I was quite nervous, but I felt a lot of joy making that step of obedience.

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!