Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sweet Sixteen




















































Oh to be 16 again! Paul and I always say- "God if we only had our 38 year old brain when we were 16" Can you imagine all you could have accomplished? All you could avoid? Yet on the other hand I guess that is not what a 16 year old is supposed to be! To be sixteen is to see the world as a big playground, where things come pretty easy, not many worries, your whole future ahead of you, and so much time to do it all! It's about feeling cool at times, playing your music loud, your 1st taste of freedom! "Driving!" Showing off, feeling pretty, laughing, learning, growing and becoming who you are. You begin to know some of your strengths and weaknesses, what kind of friends you want, your style, and at the same time still feel so young and insignificant!
Well we now have a beautiful 16 year old! Aubrey turned 16 on Sunday May 25th . We hosted a big bash and it was a success! About 25 kids and 10 adults. They swam, used the canoe and rafts in the lake behind our house, they went on our "homemade" slip and slide. It was a wonderful party with a lot of laughs and fun. A melting pot of new friends, old friends and family! I wanted it to be a party to celebrate her last taste of childhood and I think I was successful!
Aubrey has grown into a beautiful young woman with a beautiful heart. God has blessed me over and over for each day I have been her mom. My hopes for her future are that she is first and foremost happy! Happy from the depths of her soul. I pray she will always be healthy, that she will be fulfilled in her adult career, she will have passion, never lose her sense of humor (hopefully get a lot more), that she will find her hidden talents, she will treasure tiny miracles, that she will always have an adventurous side, she will always believe in herself, that she will love and be loved, love and be loved some more...I want all God has in-store for her and for her to always follow his path.
I love you Aubrey and am so proud to me your mom.























5 comments:

Fish has Legs said...

Hi, I'm Bree's friend...I hope you dont mind me spying on your page.
:0)

I just wanted to say that youre such a good mom and having you pray and wanting God's best for her is such a treasure.

AND, you got that flip flop cake from Publix didnt you...I know, cause I work at one of many stores.

Have a blessed day!!! LeAnn

BreeWee said...

I totally LOVE this post, it is so special and so true... man the life we lead! You sure have a way of appreciating it and making sure Aubs and Hayden do too.

I wish I was at the party, if the "cool kids" would let us in! What fun... and I agree with Leann, amazing all the love & prayers you shower the family with (like mom too).

LOVE you guys!! I am home sick reading blogs ALL day to keep my mind at peace and laughing at all you guys and my friends stories!

Brooke Myers said...

You are something special Aunt Cricket...
what a perfect way to celebrate turning 16! Aubs must have truly enjoyed it and now she can look back on this day and remember it with a smile forever...

Love all of you so much :)

Dolphin Boy said...

Wow....great images of young adults having a blast. Aubrey is blessed to have loving parents like you.
Oh to be a teenager again!!

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I am Bree's friend, too. With parental affirmations like that, your daughter will certainly become a great person in the future.
Sorry for spying, but it is good to know that some people can raise wholesome kids.

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!