Friday, May 23, 2008

Another Week! Where is the time going?



So where have I been? What have I been doing?


*Last saturday we went to see "Made of Honor" it was really cute. Paul, Hayden and I went for pizza first and then next door to Hollywood 20.


* Sunday we went to church, the kids both performed in the Youth Band! It was awesome- so proud of the young people they are becoming.


*Monday- I can hardly rememeber monday! Was I even here? (I'm losin it!) I rememeber Aubrey and I took Hayden to piano lessons at 7:00 p.m. and we stopped to visit Ericka. Chit chatted with Bron and her.


* Tuesday- Worked...Hayden had his MMS Spring Band Concert on Tuesday Night. He did great as usual!


*Wednesday- Worked with Paul! It is hot and muggy...then did taxi service for the kiddos to Youth Group.


*Thursday- Okay I'm remembering more...I worked in the office, did laundry, found a pre-calc tutor for Aubrey, painted Aubrey's bathroom, we're re-decorating it for her final highschool years. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond- new items for new bath! Beach Bazzaar on Siesta to buy starfish. (Part of the new decor!) Planned in my mind all things to do for her party on Sunday! Sweet 16! I cannot believe it. I can remember everything about the day she was born. I can smell her newborn smell and can rememeber looking in her little newborn eyes. My God it seems like yesterday! So anyhow we went to bed and I could not sleep. Not a normal problem for me- so I tossed and turned- planned all I need to do for the party- gift etc. Finally got up- turned on the T.V. ate an orange and a miracle happened! Ha! Planet of the Apes was just starting at 1:50 a.m. I love Planet of the Apes- as corny as it may sound it brings back great memories for me as a child. It is the last show I can remember watching when my parents were still married and living together. (I was in 1st grade!) Then in Middle School our auditorium would play it during lunch so we could watch it instead of being in the lunch room. That was some great times, it was like going to the movies everyday with friends. So anyhow I could only watch 1 hour of it and told myself to go back to bed. (I taped it though)


*Friday- Difficult waking up. Not used to those late nights. Now here I set getting preparred for my errand day. Order cake- shopping- cleaning- all preparation for my baby girls 16th birthday. I want it to be perfect. I remember my 16th birthday- I was approaching the 1 year anniversary of my Dad's death- it was a sad time. The future I had invisioned- was washed away. I was still lost. I was angry, lonely, feeling sorry for myself. My dad had promised me a car! He was gone now! No car and worse no dad...I felt upside down- my life as I had always know had changed. I was different. I wonder what my day would have been like if he had not been killed? ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...Aubrey, it is her day...The day she has been counting down...........and We plan to make it special. I am so happy God has given me her and I am so happy that Paul and I have always tried to make her life as special as possible. You only have 1. She will only turn 16 once! God Keep Your Blessings on her- she Loves You!

6 comments:

heather said...

Your sweet sixteen seemed sad! Im sorry. But look at the awesome sweet sixteen you are giving Aubs. You guys are incredible parents. You have always made sure that they were taken well care of and loved fully.
When I was sixteen i was a smoker. Thought I was soooooo cool. HA! I was 16 when Aubs was born. I thought she was the neatest sweetest thing! Her little voice and jibberish language...still makes me grin.

Brooke Myers said...

The days sure do pass all to quickly.. It makes me sick sometimes thinking about it..

Have so much fun with the b-day party and party for me as I never had a 16th either...

Have a great Memorial weekend!
Love all of you

Dolphin Boy said...

Aloha Cricket...just wanted to say thanks for the kind words you left on Bree's post about me. Yes, my mom is proud of me!! (humble)

There's noway you have a 16 year old daughter. You must have gotten married at age 13!! Hope the party was fun!

pat--

BreeWee said...

Miss you guys, wish we were there for Aubs 16th... never had one either, or I don't remember if I did.

Dolphin Boy said...

Looks like the Myers Sisters need to relive their sweet sixteen bdays. I'll take care of that!! hahaha!

Aubrey said...

Well mama you did a good job...but i always love your parties though..thank you an dlove you so much..

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!