Friday, May 9, 2008

Ask Yourself Whether You Are Happy and you Cease To Be So

I've noticed that in the last months of us being bombarded with Political Combat, and Economic Shambles that it's really hard to be happy. I always try to stay happy... see the best in every situation. Go with the flow.............. but the world's tone seems to be one of distraught hopelessness. So I asked myself, "What has changed personally in my life?" Really nothing! We don't make as much money as we used too... but in everyting else it's the same. God is faithful, My family is healthy, my marriage is great, my children are growing more beautiful everyday and I have awesome friends and family. So I have decided to turn off the radio (talk radio is my downfall) and go back to La La Land. That is where I am happy! I cannot change the world- I cannot change the economy- I cannot choose the next President- I can't change everyone's negative attitudes- I can only change me... So I am going back to being simple. If I can't talk politics, "Big Deal" - If my mortgage is a few days late- "Big Deal"- If I miss a day of exercise to play with my kids- "Big Deal"- If the floors don't get mopped today- "Big Deal" I am going to live like I used to. Day By Day...Adventure By Adventure... Happily Ever After!

3 comments:

BreeWee said...

You couldn't have said it better... life is so short we have no clue what tomorrow holds (but thankfully we know Who holds it). Since Brooke's accident I really try to live each day just loving every moment I am breathing...

Keep that big smile Cricky!
Love and miss you guys soooo much!

Brooke Myers said...

It's kind of funny because I feel like I have been asking myself about happiness a lot lately..
Sometimes I think I second guess what true happiness is, even when I feel like I am there.
I have always admired you and Uncle Paul as you just live, no matter what anyone else has to say about it. When I look at life, you two have lived it, adventured out, traveled, have fun...go here and there, doing this and that...

I sure miss you all so very much, felt like time went too fast and now back to the usual routine of things... Love all of you :)

heather said...

My only and dearest sister,
Its about time! Sometimes we just need to get back to the program. Thinking to much hurts my head. lets live simple!!! i love ya

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!