Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Is Mother's Day Over? I Love Being A Mother...

Everyday is Mother's Day! Mine started out with my awesome husband trying to celebrate it on the saturday before...why not a weekend celebration he said! We had watched the Travel Channel and saw the top 10 beaches in Florida. So we went on a crazy adventure to Sanibel Island on saturday (Sanibel was #8 on the list). Not sure what the attraction to that place is? I guess if I lived in a dark, cold hole in the middle of nowhere I may have enjoyed it. $6.00 to get over the bridge to an island covered with houses that no one lives in- and $2.00 a 1/2 hour to park and look at beach that isn't half as nice as ours in Sarasota. It was pretty but not worth the 3 hour drive - actually pretty boring place. We laughed and had nice conversation to make the best of it. So we then tried to make it to the Land of the Living...Fort Myers for lunch. Tried a new place- it was lousy too- So at this point just Laugh! 8 hours later we are on our way home- hungry... and tired of car riding. The kids arguing in the back and my mom trying to seperate them kept it real! Finally home...kid's went Long Boarding (skateboarding) ... w/ Aubrey's friend...she drives... I was told they were going to differnent location than I found out they were at... The Ringling Bridge- big high bridge... my children skateboarded down it with no pads or helmets- Hayden and " the friend" fell... Finally home to show us the damage- I was p---ed to say the least. They were very lucky! God was watching over them- "Thanks God" 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning Hayden wakes me up crying by the side of my bed. He was in severe pain from his fall. I doctored him, kissed him, loved him and yelled at him and Aubrey for the pour decision they had made.

Sunday- Mother's Day... Off to church- Thanks again God- The service was beatiful. Then off to lunch with Bron, Cory, Reagan and my mom. Another Car Ride- They all wanted P.F. Changs. So off to Tampa-

It went well great food, fun laughs, fussy baby, bossy waitress...Life! Then off to Krispy Kream Donuts for a dessert- they were out of the one I like... (Go figure) Haven't had one in a year decide to on Mother's Day- nope! But.....the really nice lady went to the back (for a long time) (thought she went home) and surprised me with one! Thank's Lady! Ironically- Krispy Kreme inside was a very fun time! We had a blast! Went home- napped...aah needed that after all my car riding... spent the evening with my children and husband...Life! Life is Good! My Mother's Day weekend was the true Motherhood Weekend! A smorgsasboard if- you -will -of all motherhood holds: Family time/ Togetherness, Laughter, Disappointment, Fatigue, Frustration, Relief, Joy, Thankfulness, Understanding, Forgiveness, Small Blessings, Big Blessings, Smiles, Frowns, Appreciation, Hungry Belly's, Full Belly's , Pain. Nurturing, Excitement, Boredom and I saved the best for last...Love! Unconditional True , Pure Love! Thanks family - I love you!

4 comments:

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh, my message erased! GREAT reflection is what I was saying and I am so glad the kidos are okay! Nothing beats family, even a LONG day in the car is better than a short day without them!
Miss you all!

Mel said...

Hello thank you soooooo much for all your awesome comments...I LOVED the comment about cutting the race short..because God wanted me out of the sun...cute :) I think that was it!!! Ha!! You have such a amazing family...Bree and Brooke are awesome and I can tell by the photos you have an all around lovely family :) You did good MaMa!!!

Dolphin Boy said...

Hi there Goon!
thanks for posting. Good reading.
Did Bree sniff too much glue as a child growing up? That would explain her seizures today at the local Bike shop!!

Dolphin Boy said...

Why is your daughter cracking up that I added you? What is so funny?

Hayden

Hayden
Fun at the beach

St. Anthony's

St. Anthony's
Brooke, Aubrey & Cricket

I'm Tryin!

I'm Tryin!
You've Come Along Way Baby.

St Anthony's

St Anthony's
Go Paulser!